Monday, February 7, 2011

Teenage Boy or a 2 Year Old on Steroids?

So, our darling little Brooklyn woke me up at 2:30 this morning because that was the precise moment she remembered that she never got the ice cream bar that her dad had promised her the night before after she took her medicine. I tried to tell her that it was night time, and time to sleep and that she could have one when we woke up in the morning, but there is no reasoning with a toddler on steroids! So, we got up and she had an ice cream bar, 2 waffles with cream cheese, 1/4 a bagel and 2 pieces of ham. She would've kept going but I finally convinced her we should go back to bed since it was now 4:30am. She slept awhile longer, but reeeaaally wanted pancakes when she got up, so after getting Braden and Kayla off to school, I made pancakes and she ate 5. It is pretty funny seeing her eat so much. Of course, in a normal situation, I would never get up with her in the middle of the night to give her food, but these darn drugs are so rough on her and if there is anything we can do to make her feel better, then I am certainly going to do it. I love her so much and I just want to take care of her the best I can. I just make sure I get my fill of caffeine throughout the day! :)  She actually didn't feel great today, her body was hurting & she was very temperamental, but it was great to be able to be home and be here for her and also get some stuff done around the house. Tomorrow we go to the cardiac room at the hospital so she can be fitted for a heart monitor that she will have to wear for 24 hours so they can get a more accurate reading of how her heart functions. Our nurse told us that the Cardiologist wasn't worried about her after hearing what her Oncologist said, so that gave us a bit of relief. Hopefully all the results will come back with flying colors! 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kristen - you must be exhausted! So glad we prayed specifically for extra energy for you today and I'll continue to pray for rest (when you can get it) as well. Hope tomorrow goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin,
    Let me know which cardiologist she ends up seeing. If you want to see what a Holter monitor looks like, I have a friend that just wrote a blogpost about it: http://joshuasheartjourney.blogspot.com/2011/02/holter-monitor.html
    Thinking of you and praying for energy and good sleep for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin, Don't forget to get rest during the day if you aren't at night! You getting sick would be the worst. I'm sure you have a lot of people that will care for the kids during the day so you can get in a nap! Once you get worn down it will be too late, so please get some rest! Love you, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful you have such wonderful people around you to give you help and encouragement. The comments I've read are all so supportive and filled with love and prayers for Brooklyn and your entire family.

    I'm continuing to pray for you all during this difficult time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I can see that you have the cutest "alarm clock" albeit she went off at 2:30 am!!! But Kristen, you are a mother that proves the saying that "Mothers are the Heart of the Home".

    Preparing breakfast at maybe 2:40 after all attempts of logic and reason failed, was funny to read. I'm sure, not very funny for you. Looks like Brooklyn's tummy won this round. And wow, quite a buffet breakfast, and I am pretty sure it started with THE ICE CREAM APPETIZER. (:
    It was pretty funny how you put it, about that "precise moment Brooklyn remembered" about the promised ice cream bar she never got...that your cute alarm clock rang. I can almost hear her.

    Pancakes for dessert later. Pretty cool. Sounds like a teenage boy in your 2-year old on steroids. At least teenage boy's tummy.

    Wishing you some zzzzz's in between. And please don't forget the ice cream bar the next time. Take care and sleep well when you can.

    ReplyDelete