Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Playing is fun


I have always enjoyed playing with our kids. But as the number of kids has gone up, the time spent playing with them has gone down. Partly because there is so much more to do - cleaning, laundry, shopping, cooking for a family of 6. It has also been nice that as the kids have gotten older, they like to play together, they are good friends. But, the past couple days have given me a chance to spend focused time with Brooklyn & play more than I used to. We go outside when she wants to, we color & play with stamps, we even did play dough today! Granted, we played catch with it outside, so it wasn't as messy as usual, but that is what she wanted to do and it made me so happy to do it with her. She had more energy today so that was fun. Kelsey turned 8 months today and it is amazing to think of how much our lives have changed since she was born. Our family has changed dramatically over just the last week. It has been a roller coaster of emotions, but I know that this experience and difficult couple of years ahead, will bring our family closer together. And we will play more.

6 comments:

  1. What a great reminder to me to slow down and make the time to play with my kids. The chores of life definitely add up but our little ones will only be little for a short time. I'm so glad you have this gift of time to play and enjoy being with Brooklyn. Enjoy every minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're thinking of you all. Hang in there. Brooklyn is amazing.
    Love,
    Jill & Philip Livengood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Kristin, It is so magnificent that you are writing this journal! You will have a book when Brooklyn is 6...let's make that 16 or 26...I don't know when you will have time to make this into a book with four kids to raise! We are sharing this journey with you. I know that Brooklyn's journey is jammed pack with lessons for us all. You are ALL WONDERFUL and you are SURROUNDED BY LOVE!!! Kathy

    p.s. In ten years you will have four kids ranging from ten to sixteen! Driving! (Time really does fly by)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's somthing I still remember..someone gave it to me on a baby present:

    Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow
    For babies grow up!
    We've learned to our sorrow.
    So quiet down, cobwebs!
    Dust go to sleep!
    I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spending time with your kids is much more important than the household stuff. Cut some corners and ask for help. I love looking at your photos. All of you have such a special bond and it shows. Enjoy the time with your kids - they grow up so fast. Thank you, Kristin, for writing this journal.
    Love, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. Have fun playing with them and enjoying the moments. The chores can wait. Let let the others know how much you appreciate them for playing together while you spend more time with Brooklyn. Happy to see that Brooklyn had more energy today. Thank God for whoever came up with play dough too.

    I can only imagine the roller coaster of emotions your family is going through. You have my thoughts and prayers through this journey. I want to share a bookmark that I feel that is so fitting for your family. It reads, "LOVE is the button that holds Hearts Together". "Do everything in love." 1 Corinthians 16:14
    YOUR FAMILY HAS A LOT OF LOVE BUTTONS THAT WILL HOLD YOUR HEARTS TOGETHER THROUGH BROOKLYN'S JOURNEY! Bless You All!

    ReplyDelete