Saturday, February 5, 2011

Slowin' down

We are very busy people. I'm not talking about our whole society or generation, but just our family. Partly because we have four kids and there is not time for much rest with four little ones running around, but partly because we like to be busy. We really enjoy taking our kids out to do stuff and like all being together. When Mike coaches Braden's baseball team, the girls and I always go to the practices too b/c we enjoy being outside and around other people, and it's a family function for us. Today my Mom came over to stay with Brooklyn so both Mike and I could go to Braden's basketball game. It was so nice b/c I wasn't expecting to go, but while I was there, I was sad because the last game I had been to, Brooklyn was with us. All of us were there and the girls were running around, making new friends, not watching the game at all. :) I know that we will get through these times, and we will all be out together again soon enough, but it is still a big adjustment for us. And, I have really enjoyed getting to spend more time playing with the kids, so maybe that is a lesson for us through this trial. Brooklyn was also really tired today, she didn't want to play much and rested most of the day. It is always harder on those days b/c I feel sad for her. She went through a lot yesterday though, so I am sure her little body is just worn out. I read this from Psalm 28 today, and I think it will be a verse that will help us all through the next few months: 'The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.' I know He has a plan for us through all of this, and I don't need to know it, I just need to trust Him.

4 comments:

  1. Kristen, God will take care of all of you and there is a plan. Brooklyn is such a strong little girl but this treatment is so hard on her. It will get better down the road. I am so glad that your mom was able to take care of Brooklyn and you could go to the game. This journey is a hard one for you and Mike seeing your little girl so sick. It is also a tough time for your kids. But you will get through this!
    You are in our prayers!
    Love, Eva & Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I was chatting with my sister-in-law Claire (you met her at Sherry's graduation) and told her what was going on with Brooklyn and Nathan. She sent a note back to me and I wanted to share it with you. She wrote:

    So very very sorry to hear of Nathan and Brooklyn. Tough trial to go through. We are asking God for healing for their bodies and the strength to go through the treatment and the peace that passes all understanding that God would cause them and their parents and family to walk with His peace even in the storms of their lives. May God give them an assurance of His presence and may they walk hand in hand with Jesus every step of the way as only He is the Grace that is sufficient for them. Our prayer is that faith would arise in their hearts and that all their enemies would be scattered. May these awful spirits of infirmity and destruction be broken over their lives in the Name of Jesus. Jesus's name is above every name. It is above Hodgkins and Leukemia and God is well able. We definitely will be calling their names out to God each day and expecting a good report. Our hearts go out to you all.
    We are standing with you.

    We have everyone praying for all of you. We love you very much. All our love, Cindi & Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is going to be tough for your busy family and I'm so sorry Brooklyn had a tired day, but God is giving her body strength and as that verse says just continue putting your trust in Him and He will help you through this difficult time. Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that Brooklyn had a really tired day. But with all that she did the previous day as you indicated, makes sense. So "slowin' down" sounds like a good thing for Brooklyn as the rest would be good. Hope she had a nice, restful day. Thank God for Mom/family to be available. What a blessing!

    Nice to see that you all are doing things together so much. "A family that plays together, stays together..." Nice pic of the Twister game and the fun you all had! (:

    Nice Scripture for sure. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete