Sunday, February 13, 2011

Smile

We had a pretty mellow weekend. Brooklyn was pretty tired and as she would say, "Me not feeling great." It makes me so sad to hear her to say that. I can tell that she doesn't really know how to describe how she's feeling, but it's not great. I had a hard day today because I want to take a family picture to hang in our house. The one we have up now doesn't have Kelsey in it and Brooklyn is about 15 months old. It's kind of funny because she didn't have much hair then; she was our only bald baby, but now she has the thickest, prettiest hair out of all of the kids. I want to put up a new picture that has all four of the kids in it before Brooklyn looses her hair and is bald again. But the way she looks right now is not really what she truly looks like either. I am so torn. Do I want a picture up where she is all bloated from her medicines and eating so much or do I want to wait until she doesn't have any hair, or should I wait for 3 years until everything is over and she is better? I think it is also hard for me when she isn't feeling good and I can't make it better for her. I just want to take all the kids out and enjoy the beautiful sunny days we have been having & have everyone be healthy. I know God knew how I was feeling, because all of a sudden Brooklyn wanted to play outside with her princess car. We took all 4 kids outside & we raced up and down the street on the toy car, train, scooter, big wheel - anything we could find. It was so much fun to hear their laughter and for us to all be outside playing together. I took a picture of the kids, no one is matching or posed, but it is our family right now and that is what makes me happy. We got to go to church this morning and one of the songs we sang said, "Our hearts cry out, we need You now, we're giving it all to You."  I know that is what we need to remember to do each morning - God has a plan for us through all of this and it is not up to me to try to schedule it or plan it out. His plan is right & I just have to believe that and give my worries and sadness to Him. He has given us so much. I have so much joy every day just looking at those four silly smiles.

9 comments:

  1. One of my favorite pictures is of the kids when they dressed themselves and I didnt say anything Nate wore a Batman costume! You don't want to hide whats hapening with her this is all a part of her journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful picture! Happy, loved, safe, silly smiles!!

    So much love surrounds you all!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't feel torn. Get a picture now and after her she becomes bald Brookie. She will still have that cheeky smile that we all love. She may even have some fun hats to wear in the picture later. You all can wear hats!!!! Much Love, Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at the smiles on your kids! Great picture... you are so blessed to have such a great looking and wonderful family. LOVE reading your updates Kristin!
    Hope to talk to ya soon.
    Love ya,
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't agree with Brandy more!

    That song got to me in church yesterday too. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin, this is a beautiful picture of the kids. There is so much happiness in their smiles. It makes no difference if Brooklyn does not look like herself and looks bloated from the meds. You and Mike are blessed to have such great children. This is a journey for all of you. Trust God in all of this. Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. My lillasyster!
    I love all your pictures. You will have tons of familypictures taken over the years so take one every year. I will try to get better to catch the day and be happy for what I have...Life goes on far to fast. Reading your blog makes me take a moment to think of life and of all the joy our beloved ones gives us. Lots of hugs from sweden, Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I echo the comments and good for you to take the pictures! They will be precious snapshots that you will cherish because they are of your kids, no matter what the situation. Can't beat those SMILES. (: That's a keeper!

    My heart goes out to you and Brooklyn and the emotions running through your heart on those not so good days. But those smiles do shine through. Glad you all had fun racing and wheeling around and laughing together. Glad to see that you are surrounded by the family and friends that are supporting you all, even from Anna-Karin via Sweden! God Bless always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the picture. They look like they are being kids and having a great time together. Some of our best pictures are just the ones that bring up good memories and make me smile.

    Continuing to pray for you. Thanks for letting us into your world and sharing this journey with us. It helps me remember to live in the moment and to stay on my knees.
    Love to you. Amy

    ReplyDelete