Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Rock Star

Today was a good day. After a slow morning at home, on our way to pick up Kayla from school, Brooklyn had on a new hat she got for her birthday and her sunglasses and she was singing along with a CD that we were playing in the car and all of a sudden she said, "Mommy, me look like a rock 'tar." :) Apparently a hat and glasses make you a rock star! She is so sweet & was excited to go in and pick up Kayla and show off her new hat. We went and got a new gate at Babies R Us and although I didn't get much else done today, the gate is up and I'm no longer chasing Kelsey up the stairs all day long! We had a nice afternoon, Brooklyn took a good nap, but I think partially because she hadn't eaten anything, so she didn't have much energy. After her bath, I changed her dressing and did the new cleaning method, and she did great with it. It was good to see her feeling so good again and she made me laugh so many times today, it was fun! She kept saying, "Me not going to the doctor anymore, me teeling better." That makes us all feel better. :)

5 comments:

  1. SOOOOO precious!!!! My heart is full of love reading your blog this morning and seeing your girls! I am smiling inside and out. love to you all! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Glad to see Brooklyn is feeling so good. I love the picture of her in her hat and sunglasses! It brought a big smile to my face this morning. Happy St. Pat's!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kristin for your blogs. They not only keep us informed on Brooklyn's progress and the family's, it gives me a chance to get my emotions out too through your writing and sharing. It is so very brave of you to write your feelings and put this journey into words. Hugs to all of you, Happy St. Pats Day, and HB to you!
    Love, Deb
    P.S. I think Kelsey looks like her big brother in this picture...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, funny, rock "tar"! Nice that the rock "tar" has a nice, loving chauffeur driving her around. One of these days, Brooklyn can drive "chauffeur" you around.

    Sounds like Kelsey was having Mommy do some "stair master training"... :) Cute pic of Kelsey. Looks like she was having some FUN!

    Sweet to see that Brooklyn is "...teeling better"!
    Another THUMBS UP DAY! Yea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was SO adorable with her hat and sunglasses! It was wonderful to see her and her cheerful smile!

    ReplyDelete