Friday, March 18, 2011

The Luck O' the Irish

Yesterday was my birthday. Yup, St. Patrick's Day. So, every year I get to wear green on my birthday! It's actually great because everyone wants to celebrate on that day, so that is fun. My friend texted me from San Francisco that everyone there was celebrating my birthday - they even had a few streets roped off. :) I had a great day. I don't know if it was the luck of the Irish, or just God smiling down and giving us some nice weather, but it was beautiful. My parents came over in the morning and Mike and I went out for breakfast and then went golfing. He's trying to claim that he let me win for my birthday, but we all know the truth! We ran home then to give Brooklyn her medicine, flush her Broviak and feed the baby and then went out and got new phones for my birthday and then dinner. My parents made cupcakes with the kids so when we came home, they sang for me and we all had delicious cupcakes topped with lots of frosting, sprinkles and skittles! I was pretty excited because it was our first Thursday in 3 weeks that we didn't have to go to the hospital for Brooklyn having a fever! It wouldn't have been quite as fun to celebrate there. Today was another good day. Brooklyn is feeling better and better it seems and ran all around the house playing with us this afternoon. It was really fun. I am so thankful for the best gifts I have ever received - my four precious children.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kristin! We are so thankful for you and Mike and your precious babies four! We love you! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, happy birthday! I am glad that you had a special day. Brooklyn was feeling better, too -what a special gift. All the best to you and Mike. Love, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday Kristen! Sounds like a really good time was had all around! :)

    Good Thursday for sure with no fever too for Brooklyn!

    Praise and thanks be to God and His gifts of your four precious children, for sure! :):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! I didn't know our birthdays were so close. Mine was the 16th! You are truly blessed with a beautiful family. I continue to pray for Brooklyn and your family.
    Love Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday Kristin!
    I miss seeing your face!
    I'm continuing to pray for you and your family.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Friend!! Hope you had a wonderful day with your beautiful family! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks and really looking forward to the Brooklyn event in May. Lots of love and prayers! xo

    ReplyDelete