Thursday, April 28, 2011

Big Girl

Brooklyn did great with her chemo on Tuesday. Her dosage was increased but she seemed to feel fine with it again. She was a little tired afterward and had a great toddler meltdown at the BeachHut Deli when I stopped to get a sandwich on our way home because she wanted to play one of the video games and I didn't give her a quarter. She fell asleep within 5 minutes in the car and was much happier after her cat nap. :) Yesterday, we had a nice morning at home and then played with our friends at the park. She took a four hour nap yesterday afternoon, which never happens! She was darling last night because she was obviously not tired at bedtime, so she came downstairs after we got everyone in bed and we let her watch American Idol with us. She was only happy when she was right in between Mike and me and each of us was holding one of her hands. It was so sweet because she just wanted to curl up and be close to us. One of my favorite things she does lately is when she hugs me and says "You're my best Mommy eder (ever)". She sure brings a smile to my face. Today we had a great day at home. We made cupcakes for Kayla's school tomorrow and played outside for awhile. She continues to amaze me with her determination and character. She wore undies all day today and did amazing! It is difficult because the different medications she takes can either constipate her or give her diareahea, so potty training isn't something I have pushed because I feel like she has so much else to deal with. She showed me once again today how she is growing up so fast and doing so so gracefully. I am so proud of her and how well she is handling everything she has to deal with. Mike's mom is having surgery on Monday so he is flying down to be with her for a couple days. I know she will do great through this process too. Brookie and her Grandma are strong cookies! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow...what a big girl. She sure is a trooper. Thinking of you all and praying for Brookie & her grandma.

    ReplyDelete