Sunday, April 3, 2011

It's a great day

We had a great weekend again. Yesterday, we went to Braden's picture day for baseball and then to Leatherby's - or as Brooklyn calls it - "Wedabees". We went because Brookie went to the bathroom in the toilet last week and in our family, the first time that happens grants you a trip to 'Wedabees' to get ice cream as big as your head as Mike likes to say. :) We took a walk around the neighborhood when we got home and visited with some neighbors. It is so nice to be able to go outside and visit and enjoy the sunshine. Then, although it wasn't warm enough, I got bullied into going into the pool. I think we are just so excited that we have a pool now and that it is finally sunny outside, we are over-eager to get in. I was in for a total of about 45 seconds! It was freezing! But, Mike was quick to remind me that the pool was 15 degrees warmer than when he went in last time. We need to wait til it gets a little warmer. :) I was listening to the radio tonight as we were playing outside and Travis Tritt's song came on with these lyrics: "It's a great day to be alive, I know the sun's still shinin' when I close my eyes. There's some hard times in the neighborhood, but why can't every day be just this good?" There was nothing special about this weekend that made it better than any other day, but I am so very thankful for every day, for our beautiful kids and for our times together, that song reminded me of all of that. Tomorrow morning we meet with Brooklyn's oncologist again to get the schedule of treatment for this next month. We are hoping that everything is going according to the plan and that her body is reacting how it is supposed to be to the chemo. She has been so tough through all of the different medicines she has had to take and surgeries she has had to endure. She is an inspiration.

5 comments:

  1. Always love to read about your days and thankful that the weekend was so good! We love Leatherby's too but that pool business is just crazy! :) Love that Travis Tritt song and I'll be praying for the appointment tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Mindy. I put my feet in my parent's pool on Friday and was able to stay in for maybe a minute but that was it. BRRRRRRR!

    Will be keeping you all in my prayers this morning for continued good news re. this month's schedule and progress. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to read that you guys have been having good days. I love it that you all got in the pool! Crazy... but I love it :) ha ha
    Dar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up with the "good news"! So nice to read that things are going well! :)

    "Wedabees", so cute and perhaps, possible display of marketing skills?... :) Nice ring to it.

    From potty training milestone reached, to Wedabees Ice Cream, to "polar bear" dips into your new pool, to baseball season, to Springtime, beautiful kids, and one inspirational little girl...definitely chalk it up, and agreed, "It's a great day"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just was noticing Brooklyn's picture with her water wings and sweet smile... I know that you did not make it to a minute Kristin, but I wonder how the kids did? Seems like when it comes to playtime, they could stay out there shivering and their lips turning blue, and still want to be out there... Definitely, enjoy yourselves in your new pool this summer!

    ReplyDelete