Thursday, April 7, 2011

To the Moon

We have had a good last few days. Brooklyn has felt great, which makes me happy. They gave her a 24 hour dose of anti-nausea medicine when they gave her her chemo on Monday, so hopefully that spared her from feeling sick. They are going to increase her chemo dosage each time she goes in for the next couple months, so hopefully she will not feel bad afterward. Mike and I have gotten a little bug however, so we haven't felt good most of the week. We are on the mend though & hoping to feel even better tomorrow. And, we are happy to announce the El Dorado Hills AA Reds are undefeated. :)  Braden had his first game Tuesday night and it was so much fun to go - the girls played with other little sisters and the Reds came back in the bottom of the 4th to take the lead. That's right - we only played 4 innings in 2 hours. There were a lot of walks. :)  But they did great for their first game & Braden did great at catcher, pitcher and shortstop. Yesterday I had to run to Target for a couple things so I loaded all 3 girls in one of those giant shopping carts and we were off. They wanted to get out and walk but I wiped down the whole cart and said they all had to stay buckled in because we were in a hurry. Right before we were going to checkout, this nice gal came up to me and said she had 3 daughters all about the same age as my girls & told me their names and ages. Then she said she thought it was so funny because her middle one was the chubbier one too and her oldest and youngest were skinny. I thought, she is just trying to be friendly, and so I told her I was sure her middle daughter was getting ready to go through a growth spurt soon. I didn't think I needed to tell her that my middle daughter is "chubby" because she has leukemia and has been on steroids. It didn't matter, she didn't need to know that, I know it would've just made her feel bad or awkward. My girls weren't paying attention at all because they were too busy picking out what new bandaids they wanted. Going through this process with Brooklyn has definitely made me try to be less judgemental of others. We never really know what is going on in someone else's life. Brookie has been especially whiny this week when we've been home - super fun times. :) Today I looked at her and said, "I'm gonna send you to the moon Brookie if you keep whining."  She looked up at me with her big blue eyes and said, "You go to the moon with me Momma?" She melts my heart. She brings everything back into perspective and I am thankful for that. I would go to the moon and back with her.

4 comments:

  1. I love you posts. Thank you for keeping things in perspective and helping us to do the same! We missed you last night and I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have news for you my dear, you're already in the process of going to the moon and back with her on this journey. I love you and your sweet, gentle, loving heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! well written, amazing story, yes indeed we are all works in progress...! Sweet Brookie...to the moon and back for sure! To inifinity and beyond! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe... Brooklyn's comment back to you was so adorable! I felt my heart melt a little too. Too sweet! :)

    Go AA Reds! Wow, Braden must be really good to play catcher, shortstop, and pitch too! Nice that the sisters can have a great time together too, while their brothers are playing.

    I really commend you Kristin, to not have said anything back to the other mother as I believe most of us would have mentioned the leukemia. I am pretty sure that much of the fibers of your being wanted to let it out...but you took the Jesus-Way and was other-centered by thinking that she would have felt bad and awkward. And she would have. You were so admirably strong Kristin! Great job!

    ReplyDelete