Thursday, January 27, 2011

Surgery is done!

Brooklyn had surgery this morning and everything went well. She now has a Broviak tube in her chest where she will be able to have blood taken and receive her chemo. She did fine going into the operating room, she got some medicine to sedate her and it made her giggle as they were wheeling her away, which helped us feel better for sure. She has been eating and drinking great since the surgery and the doctor should come in soon with the results of the bone marrow biopsy and what path we will take for her care. Everyone at the hospital has been really nice and love to see her happy smile.

5 comments:

  1. I love her happy smile too! I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and that doctors now have a plan of action. We will be lifting you up in prayer. Be strong in the Lord Frank Family. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that the surgery went smoothly and that she is sharing her happy smiles. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending many prayers! Glad to hear surgery went well. My sister-in-law Allson works on the peds floor... she is working Sunday and is going to check in with you guys (hope that is OK w/ you). She is one of the best, knows her stuff and lives just down the street from us (and you) so, once home if you need anything at all do not hesitate to call!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy all went well. I hope you all get to go home Monday! I love you guys so much! You are all in my thoughts and prayers every minute of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending much love and prayers your way sweet Brooklyn. Also, lifting up entire Frank family during this journey. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete