Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fun Days

We had a great weekend again. Brooklyn's legs were feeling much better Friday morning, so I packed up the kids and we went to a little farmers market down the street. It's really close to our house and we haven't been to it before so I thought it would be a fun thing to do in the morning. Brooklyn kept saying she wanted to see the animals at the "tarmer's barn." :) We bought some fresh fruit and salsa and then Kayla wanted to look at the jewelry table. Each of the kids had brought their own wallets just in case they saw something they wanted to buy. Brooklyn really wanted to buy corn. :) So, Kayla was looking at this table of polished rocks that were made into necklaces or little nick-knacks but I told her that she didn't want to pay that much for something that she wouldn't use (she was wanting to get a heart shaped pink paper weight). Brooklyn decided that she wanted a purple necklace but she only had $3 in her wallet. We asked how much they were and the guy went from $40 down to $10. I told her that she would have to save her money up and we could come back and buy one another day. She started crying and saying she wanted one so I was carrying her away and the guy picked up a pendant and handed it to her. He said - "she can have it. I have a daughter. Wear it in good health." I told him he didn't have to do that, but he wanted her to have it. I am sure he could tell something was wrong with her, her little bald head kind of gives it away. It was so sweet of him and so of course I felt like I should buy something from him because he was so nice, so I might have to go back another Friday. It was also kind of tough because I don't want Brooklyn, or any of our kids, to think they can get what they want by crying or throwing a fit. Obviously we are in kind of different circumstances right now, but it is hard to know when to draw the line. Our kids do know that in general they don't get stuff by acting that way, and I know that the drugs are messing with Brooklyn's temperament, but I don't know that Braden and Kayla understand that. I came home and found a chain for her and she has been wearing her new necklace every day. Saturday we had a lazy morning at home and swam a little bit and then went to my parent's house for dinner & to visit with my aunt and uncle before they move to the east coast. Brooklyn loved hanging out with "that guy" - my uncle Ted - and they were buddies all night. They all came over today after church and we had another fun day visiting and playing in the pool. My aunt Debbie played with bend-a-roos with the kids and we found out that they can stick to the wall! Who knew? Tomorrow Braden and Kayla start their week of "Summer Blast" camp at our church and Mike and I take Brooklyn in to see the doctor and get the schedule for the next month. If her blood counts are okay tomorrow, she will get a spinal tap early Tuesday morning and then go to the infusion lab for chemo for 8 hours. She will also have to get chemo Wednesday, Thursday and Friday too - but hopefully our nurse will be able to come give it to her at home. It will be a long week if she is able to start Tuesday. Please pray that she feels well through everything.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many prayers--you are all surrounded by love and light!

    ReplyDelete