Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spunky Spitfire


We had kind of a long one today. Kelsey still has a fever so I tried my best to not have her get too close to Kayla or Brooklyn, but it is hard when they all want to be together and I am trying to get stuff done in another area of the house. Kelsey didn't feel great so she wanted to be held a lot and Kayla and Brooklyn tried to help her feel better however they could. Brooklyn's nurse came over to draw her blood, and everything came back good, so that is great! We go in tomorrow morning for her chemo and then head over to the hospital for another spinal tap. I am really not looking forward to it since her surgery isn't until 1:00 and she can't eat until after it is over. It will be a long morning. I know we will get through it though because as I am writing this, we just got to see a little of Brooklyn's spunk back in action. I thought I heard something upstairs so Mike went up to check the kids and Brooklyn was soaking wet. She was "getting a drink of water" yet somehow there was an inch of water covering the entire bathroom counter and all over her nightgown. She was having quite a bit of fun up there! So, we just had to change her dressing again which we had just done an hour ago since she took a shower tonight. Even though she can exhaust us, it is good that she has that spunk. I think you have to be kind of a spitfire to fight a disease that is trying to attack your body. We are so happy that she is such a strong fighter. Mike's mom had another surgery today and it went well so she gets to go home tomorrow. I'm off to crash on the couch!! Happy Cinco de Mayo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment