Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Questions


Brooklyn has been feeling well the last couple weeks. She hasn't had much nausea in the mornings and when her home nurse Wendi came out last Monday to check her blood, her numbers were all right where they want them to be. We have still been struggling to get her to eat healthier food, so dinners at our house are not the most fun time of the day. She has been preferring to not eat than eat something she thinks is going to be yucky. Even things she typically likes, like mac & cheese, she will refuse if it doesn't look the right way. It is good to see that her stubborn strength is still helping her battle the cancer, it just doesn't make meal time very easy. :) Two weekends ago, Mike and I got to go to Arizona for a trip with his work. It was a really nice resort and it was good to get away together for a few days. My parents and aunt and uncle all watched the kids and they had a fun time. We were nervous to be so far away, especially because the resort didn't have cell phone service, but everyone stayed healthy, so that was a huge blessing. We haven't been away from them for that long before so it was really good to get back home on Sunday, I swear they looked like they had grown! :) Kelsey is starting to talk so much more and wanted to tell us everything she did with "Bubba, YaYa, and Bookie." :) I woke up that night with the flu, which made Monday and Tuesday hard because I wanted to stay away from the kids so they didn't get it, but they just wanted to be near me because we had been gone all weekend. Thankfully I was better by Wednesday and no one else got sick. We had a fun Saturday filled with back to back baseball games which was a little crazy for Mike, running from Braden's game straight over to Kayla's field. It was a really hot day too, so we all got some color, my color was mostly a reddish hue since I made sure to lube up the kids with sunscreen but forgot my white legs of course! We were all so hot and sweaty when we got home, the kids and Mike actually jumped in the pool! Their jaws were shivering, but it was good to cool down and clean up a little. Then we got to celebrate my uncle Jack's birthday that night which was really fun and good to see some wonderful family and friends. Sunday after church we drove to Vacaville to meet our good friends, the Mullanes at the Nut Tree. We were quite a scene getting a table for 12 (they have 4 kids too), but luckily the restaurant we went to was loud and had plenty of other kids in it, so the noise level we brought just added to the mix. :) The kids all had a fun time playing on the play area afterward and then we headed home to finish homework up before Monday morning. When we were driving one day last week, Brooklyn started to ask me questions about God and Heaven. She said, "Do God have Petaroni pizza mom?" I said yea, I think he does. She then asked if He has tables. I said, yea, He probably does. Then she asked if God has medicine. I said, "You won't need medicine when you're in Heaven Brookie because you won't be sick." She wanted to know if we are young or old in Heaven and I said I wasn't really sure but that she didn't need to worry about that because she wouldn't go to Heaven for a long time, after she grows up and gets married and has kids and she is really old. She almost started crying and said, "I don't want to be old," which made me almost start crying because one thing every mom wants is for their kids to grow up and live a full, happy life and not die until they're old. I said, "I want you to be old Brookie." But she just kept saying she didn't want to be. I know that she didn't know what she was saying and that she wasn't getting deep and philosophical on me or anything, she is 4 after all, so I just changed the subject. But this Sunday in church, we sang one of my favorite songs which always makes me cry. The chorus is talking about what life will be like in Heaven and I thought it was perfect after the conversation we had just had last week. The words say, "No weeping, no hurt or pain, no suffering, You hold me now, You hold me now. No darkness, no sick or lame, no hiding, You hold me now, You hold me now." It will be wonderful, whatever age we are.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to read that Brooklyn is feeling well. It might be too much work for you but the deceptively delicious cookbooks have good tips to getting healthy stuff in kids comfort food.
    We'll have to get together this summer.
    Hugs to you all!
    Sarah, Jake and Ryan Baumgartner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina BuechlerMay 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM

    Want you to know I think of you often and that is why I send things now and again, so you know I keep you in my thought and prayers always. Love you all and praying for your beautiful family.

    Christina, Ryan, Dylan and Adelynn Buechler

    ReplyDelete