Monday, October 3, 2011

Sharing


Today is the first day since last Monday that someone hasn't thrown up. That's right, we cannot be accused of not sharing! We shared the stomach bug all around! Kayla stayed home Monday - Wednesday and then Thursday everyone seemed fine, all the kids went to school and it seemed like we were on the mend. But then Braden got it Friday morning, Brooklyn got it Friday night and Kelsey Saturday night. What is that saying? A family that pukes together stays together? Oh, that's not it. :) Luckily Mike and I seemed to avoid it, so hopefully we won't have any surprises in the next few days! Through this week, I have become thankful for things that I never knew I would be so thankful for. I am super thankful that Mike and I haven't gotten the bug, I am also super thankful that this strand of the flu didn't come with a fever because that would've sent us to the hospital with Brooklyn. I am also very thankful that I have a good washing machine to wash all the towels and sheets we have been going through! Thursday Braden had a minimum day at school so I wanted to do something fun with the kids since I thought everyone was healthy. It was a hot day so we walked across the street and went to the splash park. We used to go to the that park before we ever moved here because it is really fun and there is a great water area for the kids to play. However, ever since we've lived here, walking distance to the park, we haven't been able to go. When Brooklyn had her Broviak in, it wasn't something we could do because her dressing couldn't get all wet without having to change it right away and so we just never went this summer. It was so much fun going on Thursday because we were almost the only ones there, it was like we had the whole park to ourselves. It was Kelsey's first time at a water park and she loved it! We had a pretty mellow weekend since everyone was recovering or still feeling sick. It was nice to slow down a little and not be so busy actually. This morning Brooklyn's home nurse came over to check her blood counts. Everything came back good so that is great news. She hasn't been eating much, but I think that is because her stomach is still hurting a bit. She has been doing great taking her medicine every day though, so that is truly a blessing. I'm sure she gets tired of having to do it everyday, I feel like it's a lot just remembering what she takes on which days. Hopefully everyone will be feeling great by the end of the week and we will all be back to our "new normal." Thank you for your continued prayers for our family.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry all the kids had the stomach bug - no fun! Emily has had it too, but with a fever. I'm so glad you and Mike didn't get it!

    ReplyDelete