Friday, July 8, 2011

4th Fun


We have had a fun filled week! Our awesome friends the Pettigrews came to stay with us over 4th of July weekend. They live in Scottsdale so the 100 deg weather we have been having is nothing for them! :) They have 3 kids the ages of our oldest 3 and they all played together fabulously! We swam a lot, played a lot of baseball, went to the rodeo and the zoo and the park and that was all before Monday! We were hoping to tire them out so they would sleep well at night but in actuality they wore us adults out!! Monday, we all went up to my aunt and uncle's neighborhood for the 4th of July parade they have there in the morning. All 7 kids as well as Tracy and my mom, dad, aunt and I rode in my dad's old Cadillac for the parade. The kids had a blast throwing candy out to everyone. They were little superstars! We came back home to swim and play and BBQ & the adults decided we should have a flip competition off the diving board. Let's just say I didn't win, but not for lack of trying. :) We went back out to watch the fireworks then & the kids did sparklers. They were pretty wiped out by that point; we all were! Tuesday Brooklyn's nurse came over to draw blood and give her chemo again. Then we went with my mom's group to take a tour of the fire station. The kids loved it & all got fireman hats to take home. Tuesday afternoon Braden and Kayla started junior golf at my parents' club. They had fun and Brooklyn came over at the end and was excited to walk along the first hole with her putter. Wednesday, Brookie got chemo again and we just stayed home to clean up the house a little. Yesterday, Brooklyn had chemo in the morning and then had to go to the infusion lab to get some blood. They expect all the chemo she has been getting to knock down her blood counts a little. Hopefully it will make her feel a little better. She hasn't been eating hardly anything at all for the last week and is as feisty as ever. We have been giving her the anti-nausea medicine but she will throw up sometimes anyway. She hates me one minute but wants me to carry her or lay with her the next. I know it isn't her fault, the chemo is affecting her mood and how she is feeling so much, she doesn't know how to react, but it makes for some long days. Her latest thing is if I tell her no for something she says "fine, then I'm gonna throw up or I'm gonna pee on the floor." The poor thing just doesn't know what to do with herself so we are just trying to make her as comfortable as possible. She is so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment